Thursday, December 12, 2013

Success!!!!

So I have been slowly introducing Raegan to the big potty in the bathroom.  At first she did not take kindly to it whatsoever!!  She would scream, cry, tears rolling down her cheeks.  My heart absolutely melted.  Not to mention she had a death grip on me.

That was 2 weeks ago.  Last night my oldest daughter (who is almost 12) and I brought Raegan into the bathroom, gave her so much encouragement and to our surprise she actually peed for the first time on the big potty!!  We praised her, clapped, gave her high fives and told her what a big girl she was.

This morning, I got her, had her eat her breakfast and we took off her night time diaper and I said "Raegan ready to use the big girl potty?" She looks up at me and says "Yep, I am!"  She ran toward the bathroom, waited for me to come with her little potty (we use that as a stepping stool) and she climbed right up and peed again!!  I am soooooooo excited and proud..and she says "Good girl!!"  Hahaha it was cute!

My goal is to still have her potty trained by 3yrs old.  I stated her at 18mos and shes made so much progress with some regression along the way, but that is to be expected.  She isnt quite 2 1/2 yet, but shes hitting her milestones.

Yep im a proud momma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment