Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Almost no diapers!

It's official after 2 1/2 weeks of strictly panties for nap time (nap duration is every day for about 1-2 1/2 hrs) she has only had one accident!!

Raegan is officially done with her little Minnie Potty and only uses the big potty, puts herself on, wipes with help, loves flushing and putting the toilet seat down and then washing her hands.  I almost think the hand washing is her favorite part in that aspect!

Again she loves the praise and the privacy that she does get when she is in the bathroom on her own, doesn't even get into trouble by getting into things.  Raegan does what she needs to do and then calls for us.  Frankly I think she's too excited and proud of herself to pee and poop on the big potty that she doesn't even think about getting into trouble!

So it's nothing but high fives and praise all around and something from her reward box!  I have to say I have 3 girls, Raegan being my youngest, then my oldest at 12 and Keira at 9, I have potty trained all of them before the age of 3, but Raegan seems easier and eager to learn than the other girls and is potty training faster.  I even potty trained my step daughter who is now 15. (she is my older girls half sister..no relation to Raegan's father).  My step daughter took the longest to train, but it was also harder since she was just as much at her moms house and my house with her father.  I don't believe in pull ups, frankly I think they are a waste of money and very much like diapers so the toddlers have that sense of comfort, a fall back in knowing it's a diaper cause to them really it's still a diaper, just a different kind and it just doesn't work.  But hey to each their own with their technique in potty training.

Soon I think I will be trying her in panties all night as well..fingers crossed and a blog update when I start that!

All in all I am VERY VERY proud of my daughter!

2 comments:

  1. yay!!!!

    I couldnt agree more about the pullups! I wont be using them with Hailey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was potty training my step daughter she was in the pull ups at her moms and it was just awful she had so many regressions because her dad and I werent using pull ups at all and just panties. None of my girls used pull ups and were potty trained so much faster! In my opinion its just a waste of money

    ReplyDelete